Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Finding affordable coverage for your teenagers



As children grow up, parents have several different nightmares. These all stem from the same basic fear. No matter how hard you try, you cannot be everywhere, all the time, to protect your children from themselves. At some point, they have to be independent and stand on their own two feet. Unfortunately, it’s not the standing children dream about. They all want the freedom that comes when they get behind the wheel of a car and can go places.


Unfortunately, the national statistics show that, in a traffic accident, drivers younger than 24 years are four times more likely to die than older drivers. It all comes down to inexperience and the recklessness that comes from overconfidence. For insurance companies, the result of the national statistics is they charge between 50 and 200% more than the average to insure a teenage driver. The risks of loss are just so much higher, particularly in the case of young men.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly same thoughts that I do have for my kids. My son is requesting me for a car but I am trying to ignore him as I felt its risky. I knew I can't stop him for long and have to fulfill his wish sooner or later but before that I have to make proper arrangements also to make him secure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly same thoughts that I do have for my kids. My son is requesting me for a car but I am trying to ignore him as I felt its risky. I knew I can't stop him for long and have to fulfill his wish sooner or later but before that I have to make proper arrangements also to make him secure.

    ReplyDelete

>